You can Sign up now for the:
Modesto USBC and Brunswick present the 22nd Annual MODESTO MASTERS
Sign up now for the 22nd annual Modesto Masters
At Yosemite Lanes Saturday April 14th, and Sunday April 15th.
Entry Fee is $135
FIRST PLACE IS GUARANTEED $3,000
1 in 4 cash
Open to all USBC members in good standing.
Optional Brackets and Senior Insurance will also be available during qualifying.
2 squads to choose from. A squad is at 10AM. B squad is at 3PM
Seven (7) games of qualifying on Saturday. Sunday will be double elimination 2 game matches.
Sign up now by calling Wayne Garber at 209-524-9161
I'll need to know which squad you would like to bowl as A Squad is limited to 64 entries.
MODESTO USBC ASSOCIATION’S 22nd ANNUAL CITY MASTERS TOURNAMENT
BOWLING OUTFITTERS, YOSEMITE LANES, MCHENRY BOWL, CAL WEST ROOFING, MODESTO USBC ASSOCIATION and MARK BAKER BOWLING
$3,000.00 GUARANTEED 1ST PLACE
Modesto Masters Tournament is to be held at Yosemite Lanes.
Fee: $135.00 Open to all USBC members in good standing.
Qualifying Rounds April 14, 2018 Time: 10:00am and 3:00pm
The Qualifying rounds shall consist of seven (7) games across 14 lanes.
Lanes will be stripped and oiled before each squad. ENTRIES WILL CLOSE 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO EACH SQUAD.
FORMAT: If entries are less than 96, the top sixteen (16) bowlers, based on total pin-fall, will qualify for the FINALS. If entries are 96 to 127 the top twenty-four (24) will qualify for the finals. If entries are 128 or more, the top 32 will qualify for the finals. Finals will be held April 15, 2018 @ 8:00 am. If a tie exists for the last qualifying position, a one (1) game roll off will be held on April 15, 2018 at 7:15 am. If a tie still exists, a one ball roll off will take place, until the tie is broken. The higher seed to choose lane and order of bowling. Higher seed will be determined by high game in qualifying squad. Practice for Match Play will start at 7:45 am. bridal shower dresses
Entry fee breakdown: Prize fund $94.00, High Game Pot $7.00,
Lineage $27.00, Scholarship fund $5.00, Expenses $2.00.
There shall be one cash prize for every four entries.
For consideration to participate in the Masters Tournament, I agree to the following:
1. To abide by all Tournament rules and regulations of the United States Bowling Congress and all
special rules and regulations governing the Tournament.
2. SEE RULE #9 on BACK for DRESS CODE REQUIREMENTS.
3. After my entry has been accepted, I cannot transfer the entry except with the written consent
of the Tournament Committee. In no case is the Tournament Committee or Modesto USBC
Association obliged to return my entry fee. Request for transfers shall be made no less than
one hour before assigned squad time.
4. The only sum(s) of money in which I will be entitled to as a result of participation in this
Tournament are those prizes or awards listed in the prize fund.
5. A bowler may only bowl once.
6. A 1099 form will be issued to all bowlers who receive prize money of $600 or more.
1. The tournament will be Double-Elimination format, with two game matches. The Tournament Committee shall determine starting lanes for Match#1. Lane assignments will be posted before the start of the finals. Practice at 7:45 a.m.
2. Bonus money: In addition to position money, there will be bonus money for the high qualifier, regardless of the number of entries. Based on the total number of entries, additional spots shall receive bonus money for their qualifying position, but no more than the top eight qualifying spots.
3. Local incentive: The top local bowler, who is a Modesto USBC member with at least 21 games in a 2017-2018 winter season league, out of the prize money, shall receive $135.00.
4. Alternates: None. If the qualifying bowler does not show up for the finals, he/she shall receive zero for frames missed. See rule #10.
5. Winners will continue to bowl in the Winners Bracket. Losers will drop to the Losers Bracket.
6. In case of a tie, a one ball roll off will take place to determine the winner. Higher seed will choose lane and order of bowling.
7. The Winner of the loser’s bracket will then bowl the Winner of the winner’s bracket. In the event of the winner’s bracket winner losing their first match, a second match will be bowled to determine the Masters Champion.
8. SLOW PLAY: If tournament officials conclude that you are slow playing you will be warned once, and on the 2nd time given 0 pins for that frame.
9. DRESS CODE REQUIREMENTS SHALL BE A SHIRT WITH A COLLAR (preferably a bowling shirt) OR PBA APPROVED ATTIRE – see BELOW. NO OTHER ATTIRE WILL BE ACCEPTABLE. This rule applies for QUALIFYING & FINAL rounds.
10. TARDY BOWLERS: Any bowler who qualifies for the finals and does not show up by 8:00 am shall receive zero for frames missed. They can still complete the game for frames not yet missed. If they miss the first two games they can start bowling in the LOSER’S bracket.
11. USBC rules shall prevail in case of any omissions. USBC Sanctioned.
12. All decisions of the Tournament Committee shall be final. Any appeals must be made in writing in accordance with USBC Rule 329.
13. Premature termination of the tournament brought about by war, national emergency causes relating thereto or there from fire, natural disaster or any other reason beyond the control of the Modesto USBC Association Masters Tournament shall cause, to the extent required thereby, all advertised prizes, guaranteed or otherwise, to be prorated in accordance with the number of entrants who have bowled in the event up to the time of such termination.
CO-SPONSORED BY: BOWLING OUTFITTERS, YOSEMITE LANES, MCHENRY BOWL, CAL WEST ROOFING, MODESTO USBC ASSOC. and MARK BAKER BOWLING
PRIZE FUND will be returned 100%.
Mail entries to:
Modesto USBC Association, Attn: City Master’s Tournament 2301 Yosemite Blvd. Modesto, Ca. 95354
Pants. Dress pants must be worn in competition and the length must extend to the top of the shoe. Denim type jeans, drawstring or parachute pants may NOT be worn during competition.
Skirts. Skirts may be worn in competition by female competitors. If a competitor’s fingers are below the hemline (with arms hanging naturally), the skirt is considered too short and not suitable.
Shorts. Shorts may NOT be worn during competition.
T-Shirts. T-shirts may NOT be worn during competition but mock turtle necks will be permitted.
Earrings. Earrings are permitted as long as they are in good taste.
Items Protruding From Clothing. Items that hang or protrude from apparel may NOT be worn during competition.
Headwear. Hats, scarves, bandannas or non-elastic sweatbands may NOT be worn during competition.